Herbs,spinach and cheese Bourekas #breadbakers
bourekas some of you may not hear this name before.....It is nothing but can be call it simply as a stuffed bun in different shape. A soft bread rolled with a yummy filling..........Anykind of filling can do.....I made an unusual filling with herbs,spinach and cheese for bourekas,so yummy and tasty bourekas on my plate for breadbakers hosted by pavani.............
prep time: 1hrs30mins
cooking time:30 mins
Flour- 21/4 cups
Milk- 3/4 cups
warm water- needed
yeast- 11/2 tsp
cheddar cheese- 1/4 cup
mixed herbs- 1 tsp
salt to taste
pepper powder-1/2 tsp
garam masala-a pinch
ginger garlic paste- 1/4 tsp
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
Butter- 1/2 tsp
To prove the yeast add warm milk in a bowl and add a pinch of sugar and salt then sprinkle yeast over them and leave them to prove. After it gets froth add them in a stand mixer with hook attachment add remaining ingredients for the dough..knead well with water till it makes a clean bowl and soft, pliable dough. Keep them covered for 1 hr to rise up........
Blanch spinach in hotwater and a pinch of salt then chop them.
In a pan add butter and cumin seeds to splutter add ginger-garlic paste saute till aroma arises. Add in herbs, blanced spinach, salt and pepper powder saute well and set aside to cool. when it cools add grated cheese.
Now divide the dough into three parts and roll a thin sheet dusted with some flour.Fill the mixture in one sheet and start rolling from one end. When you roll them in half way add another sheet and roll further then add third in middle. Roll them completely and make a round roll. Place them aside for 10 mins and preheat the oven in 200°c meanwhile.place the bourekas in a baking tray. Brush them with butter and bake at 200°c for about 30 mins.........
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breads using Summer Bounty:
- Almond and Carrot Biscuits from Basic N Delicious
- Cheddar Mielie Bread with Sun-Dried Tomatoes from Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bread Pudding from Bakers and Best
- Eggless Rosemary Garlic Dinner Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Garden Herb Focaccia from My Catholic Kitchen
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits from Gayathri's Cook Spot
- Herb and Cheese Grissini from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Herbed Butterflaps from Sneha's Recipe
- Herbs, Spinach and Cheese Bourekas from Cooking Club
- Jalapeño Summer Squash Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Mango Kolache from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Peach & Blueberry Meringue Pull Apart Bread from Passion Kneaded
- Peach Pull-Apart Bread from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Peaches and Cream Bread from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Pizza Cipolla - Onion Pizza from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Rosemary and Garlic Fougasse from Spice Roots
- Rosemary Breadsticks from A Baker's House
- Spinach Semolina Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Studded Zucchini Yeast Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Sundried Tomato Focaccia with Sauteed Summer Veggies & Garden Salad from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Tomato, Onion, Parmesan Focaccia from Noshing With The Nolands
- Walnut Oat Crumble Courgette Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Wholewheat Onion, Spinach & Red Pepper Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Wholewheat Zucchini Bread from Cook's Hideout
- Zucchini Oatmeal Bread from Cali's Cuisine
- Zucchini/Jalapeño/Cheese Corn Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm