An awesome open pie with yummy filling is on its way to your kitchens through this to grab you to try a new and diff dish apart from regular curries and rotis.......Me and my kids really love to make it and also love to eat aswell. I assure you and your kids will also love it............................
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ice water
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar. Add butter mix until mixture resembles bread crumbs and Sprinkle with ice water and mix the dough into a rough dough.
- Divide dough in half, and turn out onto two large pieces of plastic wrap. Fold plastic over each portion of dough; press to shape into two 3/4-inch-thick disks. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
- On a floured piece of parchment paper, roll one disk of dough to a 14-inch round. Wrap dough around rolling pin; unroll over a 9-inch pie plate. Gently fit into bottom and sides of plate (do not stretch dough). trim dough to a 1-inch overhang all around; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and bake the pie with lentils on top for 10 mins and then bake again without lentils on top for 10 more mins.
mushroom/ chicken- ½ cup,chopped
onion- 1, chopped
tomato- 1, chopped
red chilly powder- 1 tsp
garam masala- 1 tsp
salt to taste
milk- 1 cup
eggs- 2 beaten
In a pan add oil saute onion fry well add tomatoes and mushroom/chicken saute well. Add red chilly powder, garam masala and salt saute well till it cooks well and cool.
Mix in eggs and milk and mix well pour the mixture to fill the pie and sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 180 degrees for 30 mins
You can use any filling for this quiche.