Chicken stuffed casserole bread
I love breads a lot and escpecially stuffed one. Our #Breadbakers group has challeged us to make a stuffed bread hosted by jenni. I was planning to make a sandwich bread which I make occasionally at home. when I filled the bread tin found some dough left behind. An idea flashed in my mind,why don't I try a casserole bread?
This will resemble a pie or quinche but it is made of a bread dough. Sooo yummy and delicious bread loved by my kids a lot.......!!!!!!!!!!!
Recipe source: googled
Prep time- 2 hrs
Cook time-50 mins
Chicken stuffed casserole bread
Maida/All purpose flour- 21/2 - 3 cups
Yeast- 1 tsp
Warm milk- 1/2 cup
salt- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Water- 1/2 cup
Butter- 1 tbsp
Heat milk to luke warm and add a pinch of sugar and salt sprinkle yeast over them and set aside undisturbed for 10 mins or till its frothy.
In a paddle attached standmixer add the yeast mixture and butter mix well. add in water , remaining sugar and salt mix well. Now gradually add in the flour and knead the dough with medium speed. After adding the flour increase the speed and knead well till the dough is elastic and pliable. Place the dough in a greased bowl and rest them in a warm place for 45 mins to 1 hr till it doubles..........
I made the Indian style chicken for stuffing to enhance the taste and a variation of International bread with Chettinad chicken.
Chicken-1 cup,boneless cubed
Ginger-garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Chettinad masala- 1 tbsp
mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
curry leaves- 1 strip
Dry red chillies- 2, broken
Oil- 1 tbsp
In a pan heat oil and add mustard seeds to splutter add in ginger-garlic paste saute till its aroma enhances. Add dry red chillies onion saute well add in chicken pieces saute till chicken is half done. Add in tomatoes and saute till its cooked well. Now add water and salt cook till its half done. Add in chettinad masala powder and cook for some more time till chicken cooks well and water dries completely. Add paneer(cottagecheese) crumbled into the chicken mixture and mix well and cool them completely.
Slightly knead the risen dough in a floured surface and seperate them into 2 parts. Grease a casserole with butter and fill the dish with half part of the dough.Spread them to close the surface with a cavity in center. Now fill in the cooled mixture and close them completely with another part of the dough.
Preheat the oven in 200° c
Coat the top with egg wash and bake them for 25-30 mins. Serve them hot................
cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
pepper corns- 2
fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
coriender seeds- 1 tbsp
Red chillies whole-4-5 pieces
Dry roast them and grind to coarse powder.
They take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stuffed Breads from the Bread Bakers
- Chocolate Caramel Stuffed Monkey Bread from Robin at A Shaggy Dough Story
- Cinnamon Roll Quickbread from Laura at Baking in Pyjamas
- Cream Pan - Japanese Custard Filled Buns from Shireen at Ruchik Randhap
- Figgy Olive Oil and Sesame Challah from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Jam filled Danish Pastries from Holly at A Baker's House
- No-Knead Apricot Sweet Rolls from Renee at Magnolia Days
- Baked Peas Kachori from Shilpi at SimplyVeggies
- Cauliflower, Paneer & Peas Stromboli from Priya at I Camp in my Kitchen
- Cheesy Bacon Stuffed Pretzel Buns from Allison at The PinterTest Kitchen
- Cheesy Pizza Wheels from Tara at Noshing with the Nolands
- Chicken Stuffed Casserole Bread from Vimala at Cooking Club
- Cuban Sandwich-Stuffed Cuban Bread from Jenni at Jenni Field’s Pastry Chef Online
- Gruyère Stuffed Crusty Loaves from Adam at Bakers and Best
- Jalapeño Cheddar Stuffed Pretzel Rolls from Heather at Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Jamaican Meat Loaf from Kelly of Passion Kneaded
- Paneer Kulchi from Anshie at Spice Roots
- Prosciutto, Salami and Mozzarella Stromboli from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Russian Pirozhki from Mireille at Chef Mireille's East West Realm
- Sri Lankan Seeni Sambol Buns from Pavani at Cook's Hideout
- Stuffed Bazlama - Turkish Bread from Sneha at Sneha's Recipe
- Stuffed Black Garlic Monkey Bread from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Stuffed Pretzel Bites from Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Tiganopsomo - Feta-Stuffed Fried Bread from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Zucchini and Goat Cheese Stuffed Bread from Aisha at La cocina de Aisha